Joel and Som Selway were in town visiting us from Michigan and we decided to drive up to DC to see the fire works. Just the Selways, us and 500,000 of our closest friends.
We parked and road the train in, which was nice. The fireworks were pretty good. The Finale was for sure the biggest we'd ever seen. There must have been a couple hundred fireworks in the sky at the same time. It was cool.
We got rained on a bit, Joel and I had to run through the rain to find someone selling umbrellas. Then we got trash bags and made a little shelter for the kids.
Taking the train home was nuts. We waited in line for a long long long time. every 10-20min we'd get to move about 3 steps forward. We finally made it back to Charlottesville about 3am.
I'll post some slides (as soon as I figure out how).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment